Saturday 3 November 2012

0 Dummy File Creator

Hello everyone! I wasn't planning on writing something today, but I felt the need to share a really interesting software which I've just stumbled upon a few hours ago. There's not much to say about it, as you will notice that it's a pretty simple software to use.

This one is called Dummy File Creator. You can download this software here in its official page.

As it is obvious from the name, this software creates dummy files, which basically aren't anything, but just things which take up space. All you need to do is fill the size box, and the software will create you dummy file(s) of that size.


I'm sure everyone has the same question right now. "What could be possibly a good use of this software?" That's exactly what I asked myself when I saw it, and then I started thinking to myself if I can do anything useful with this piece of software.

When you think about it, there are actually many great uses for this software. I remember the days I didn't do my projects in high school, so I just downloaded a random file and named it myproject.ppt, then told my teacher that the file was corrupted and I will bring my project the next day. 90% of the time, it earned me another day to finish my project. That's probably the best purpose I can think of for this program!

Putting the jokes aside, you can do things such as filling your hard drive to see if there are any problems in your hard drive's sectors, (you'll experience errors at some point if you have bad sectors) you can check the writing speed of your hard drive, you can make dummy files after you deleted something so that they become unrecoverable, (since the dummy files will be written on those sectors) and many more things that I can't think of right now, or that I shouldn't be speaking about here.

All in all, using this software and deciding what you're gonna do with it is totally up to your creativity. This is what I would call a simple, but a powerful tool.

I hope you enjoyed the read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Computer Repository 2012 |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates